HP foundation piles
HP steel bearing piles are special warm rolled H beams with the same thickness for flange and web. In comparison to conventional H sections, HP piles feature a greater stability of form during driving, a uniform cross section against corrosion and a better weight/perimeter ratio.
Specifications of HP piles
- standard dimensions from 200x200 to 360x400 mm
- unit weights from 43 to 231 kg/m
- material thickness from 9 to 30,5 mm
- standard lengths from 8 to 28 m; other lenghts upon request
- steel grades: according to EN 10025:1993,
- EN 10113-3:1993 and HISTAR 355 and 460. Other steel grades can be delivered on request.
- bare HP foundation piles, charged on tension and/or compression
- grout injected HP anchor piles (MV piles)
Advantages of HP piles
- easy installation, considering driving as well as handling, transport and storing
- no limits for the length of the pile, due to an easy adaptation to the soil conditions by splicing
- easy connection to the superstructure
- high bending moment capacity for horizontal forces
- immediate loading after driving of the bare piles
- bearing piles: very high resistance to compression loads
- MV piles: rigid anchorage with high tension loads (> 500 tons per pile)
The tie-rod systems are high quality products which contribute to an excellent stability of the main retaining wall and can offer economical and technical advantages as anchoring systems. The high diversity of accessories gives the engineer the possibility to adopt the system as required.