ArcelorMittal is the world’s largest steel producer. We use the most innovative technology to create the steels tomorrow’s world will be made of. Every day over 190,000 of our talented people, located in over 60 countries, push the boundaries of digitalization and use advanced technology to create a world that is stronger, faster and smarter. To help make this possible, they know they can depend on the support and training that a company of our scope and scale can provide.
Who are we looking for
At ArcelorMittal, we are looking for a Sales Manager – Foundation Products in Cape Town, South Africa. As part of our Sales team, you will play a key role in developing local and regional business opportunities (project sales & stock holding) for ArcelorMittal Projects Foundation Solutions.
As Sales Development Representative, you will be responsible for commercialization and the technical promotion of all steel foundation solutions and associated products (sheet piles, foundation pipes, foundation beams, accessories) in the respective geographical area (South Africa) by combining commercial skills, customer relationship management and technical knowledge.
- Responsible to develop Sales & acquire new customers as per the sales plan designed to realize budget.
- Executes the daily sales activities, monitors progress and checks work and processes in terms of execution, workload and quality.
- Actively cultivates a positive and constructive work climate, in order to safeguard the organization’s continuity.
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship and network with engineering firms, construction companies, government agencies etc, in order to:
- Identify new / upcoming projects at home and abroad
- Introduce new products and solutions
- Identify and investigate technical market trends
- Develop, in consultation with the client, innovative foundation solutions on major infrastructure projects
- Ensure that all involved in the design process are aware of the latest developments in steel foundation solutions
- Ensure market intelligence and guarantee that all current and future foundations projects are identified and actively followed.
- Promote ArcelorMittal Steel Foundation Solutions to the End-users, the Engineering Companies and Contractors
- Ensure ArcelorMittal Steel Foundation Solutions are the preferred option for all stakeholders.
- Implement the latest technical developments in the regular training seminars to update all engineering companies and end-users/authorities.
- Provide detailed market analysis, monitoring competition and following-up on new market tendencies
- Ensure regular contact with, visiting and guiding design and consulting engineers, providing technical design assistance in early design stage, updating on new developments in ArcelorMittal product portfolio and R&D
- Generating commercial offers/budgetary offers, negotiates and closes sales by agreeing conditions and terms with customers and suppliers.
- Generating directs sales to end-users/authorities.
- Negotiate tenders and contract terms to meet both customers and company’s needs.
- Makes calculations for pricing complex projects including making offers and project tracking.
- Provides insight that feed into the annual budget making process as relates to upcoming projects and expected volumes to book.
- Offering after sales support and handling techno-commercial claims (where appropriate with back up from the central team).
Communication & interaction with other departments
- Advise Management on plans and policies, and highlighting consequences and/or required actions.
- Maintains functional relationship with Production, Project Management, Procurement, BD, F&C, QA/QC, Human Resources and IT on matters concerning daily operations, exchange of information, knowledge and experience.
- Responsible for management reporting.
- Take pro-actively part in the Local Sales Team meeting.
Health and Safety / Environment
- Ensure that all activities are executed safely
What you’ll need
Experience and qualifications
- Bachelor/master’s degree in Engineering, Business administration or similar
- At least five years of techno - commercial experience
- Experience in the sales in construction market advised
- Computer-literate (MS Office, SAP)
- Ability to develop and maintain sound business relationships
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good business acumen
- Excellent communications, negotiation and presentation skills
- Thorough knowledge of domestic and global markets
- Customer orientated
- Ability to meet and exceed revenue targets
Join us and you’ll see your work help create renewable energy, impact major industries and boost economies. At ArcelorMittal, we’ll help you make your world.
If you’re interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org