About ArcelorMittal Projects
ArcelorMittal Projects is part of the world’s leading steel & mining company ArcelorMittal. The company uses the most innovative technology to create the steels tomorrow’s world will be made of. Every day over 168,000 talented people, located in over 60 countries, push the boundaries of digitalization and use advanced technology to create a world that is stronger, faster and smarter. To help make this possible, they know they can depend on the support and training that ArcelorMittal can provide at every step.
ArcelorMittal Projects is part of the group and operates as a global one-stop-shop for steel solutions. We provide complete, customized and sustainable steel solutions and services via 3 specialized and project-related business lines: Foundation Solutions, Solar Projects and Energy Projects. At Projects, regional presence and knowledge are combined with worldwide sources and skills.
Who are we looking for
At Projects, we are looking for a Sales Engineer in India. As part of our sales team, you will play a key role in developing local and regional business opportunities (project sales & stock holding) for ArcelorMittal Projects Foundation Solutions.
The technical sales engineer combines technical knowledge with sales skills and will be responsible for providing value engineered solutions that contribute to the efficient and effective (temporary) foundation solutions to meet customer’s needs. The sales engineer will have to liaise regularly with other members of the sales team and colleagues from a range of departments, such as research, development, design, purchasing, production, and quality, as well as senior company managers. The person in question will work in line with the sales team targets and objectives, provide information of the prevailing market conditions and provide sales reports as required.
- Maintain long-term relationships with Structural Consultants, Architects, Civil & Piling Contractors.
- Travelling to potential customers’ project sites, getting involved at an early stage of new projects and advising customers on potential solutions.
- Understand customer needs and be able to provide design assistance to the customers with infrastructure, construction and piling companies.
- Negotiating tenders and contract terms to meet both client and company’s needs.
- Calculating client’s offers/quotations.
- Negotiating and closing sales by agreeing terms and conditions with customers and suppliers.
- Project follow-ups to ensure proper project management with all parties involved.
- Developing and growing long-term relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Strengthening existing customer relationships & developing new ones.
- Increasing market share and closely monitor upcoming projects in the regions of India.
- Marketing analysis: to monitor & evaluate the local competitors and follow the market evolutions.
- Technical promotion: able to assimilate the technical promotion of our products and to offer it to our customers as per their requirements.
- Offering after-sales support services and solving client’s challenges.
- To achieve yearly sales targets.
- Responsible for checking on the status of payments and liaising with the accounting team, as well as keeping the management and/or sales manager updated.
- Responsible for updating the sales database and preparing sales reports as required by the management and/or sales manager.
What you'll need
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in Sales & Marketing of Steel Solutions within the Construction Industry in India.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Civil Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering).
- Holding an MBA would be an added advantage.
- Good contacts with structural consultants/design engineers / geotechnical consultants.
- Good contacts with big construction companies/contractors/government agencies.
- Computer skills: MS Word & MS PowerPoint are a must. Acumen to learn design software will be preferred.
- Good technical background.
- Sound judgment and good business acumen.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong personal skills, team player, and capable of taking initiative.
- Fluent in English & Hindi. The local language will be an added advantage.
- Independent, motivated, and able to handle on-time customer requirements.
- Flexible mind, entrepreneurship, enthusiasm, willingness to learn.
- Commercial attitude.
Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team with plenty of opportunities to develop yourself, work on big projects, and meet fantastic people.
To learn more about the position and to apply please use the below email address. Please indicate as subject: "Projects India - Position for Sales".