ArcelorMittal is the world’s largest steel producer. We use the most innovative technology to create the steels tomorrow’s world will be made of. Every day over 190,000 of our talented people, located in over 60 countries, push the boundaries of digitalization and use advanced technology to create a world that is stronger, faster and smarter. To help make this possible, they know they can depend on the support and training that a company of our scope and scale can provide.
Who are we looking for
At ArcelorMittal, we are looking for a Sales development representative in Cape Town, South Africa. As part of our Sales team, you will play a key role in developing local and regional business opportunities (project sales & stock holding) for ArcelorMittal Projects Foundation Solutions.
As Sales Development Representative, you will be responsible for commercialization and the technical promotion of all steel foundation solutions and associated products (sheet piles, foundation pipes, foundation beams, accessories) in the respective geographical area (South Africa) by combining commercial skills, customer relationship management and technical knowledge. Role will be to actively participate in the local and regional strategy definition in line with the Business Head as well as to dynamically contribute in the implementation of the sales plan/strategy defined.
- Manage full sales cycle including budgeting, forecasting, sales, dispatches, claim resolution, and final payment
- Make calculation, draw up proposals and carry out due diligence
- Coordinate with all internal stakeholders relating to product mix, pricing and delivery during the proposal conceptualization phase and order booking process
- Actively pursue new business opportunities for ArcelorMittal
- Develop an effective pipeline of new projects and customers
- Develop new business with the customer in line with new market development plans/strategy
- Manage ArcelorMittal business with the customer to maximize the long-term profit for ArcelorMittal
- Manage account plan with customers
- Develop and maintain long term pro-active relationship with customers and all aspects related to customer relations
- Track and maintain customer contacts and their records
- Attend customer meetings and job site visits pre and post order placement as required to maintain high levels of service levels via value add
- Participate in sales meetings, local trade shows, customer workshops and vendor training in order to maintain up to date knowledge on industry and market developments
- Market company’s products and solutions to potential customers, solution selling.
- Work with the marketing team and CRM systems in order to discover opportunities from various leads through data mining
- Track, follow-up, and report on projects weekly to line manager
- Track and report on competition activities
- Adherence to compliance procedures and processes in the formulation of proposal, sales contracts, and order bookings
- Achieve monthly & yearly targets as agreed to and communicated by senior management aligned to yearly budgets
Profile What you'll need
Experience and qualifications
- Bachelor/master’s degree in Engineering, Sales and/or Marketing
- 3 to 4 years of relevant experience
- Good knowledge of the infrastructure & construction materials market
- Computer-literate (MS Office, SAP)
- Ability to develop and maintain sound business relationships
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good business acumen
- Excellent communications, negotiation and presentation skills
- Thorough knowledge of domestic and global markets
- Ability to meet and exceed revenue targets
Join us and you’ll see your work help create renewable energy, impact major industries and boost economies. At ArcelorMittal, we’ll help you make your world.
If you’re interested, please send your CV to email@example.com.